Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 6 ~heart beats ♥

Welcome week six...well, actually today as I type Im 6 weeks and 1 day.  We went away over the weekend with some friends of ours.  We arrived home today and as I eat my takeaway thai I type.  Im almost ready for bed as Im so, so tired. We went out to Warwick, about 2 1/2 hours west of home.  Was a fantastic winter weekend, but was very cautious as we went horseriding and some of the roads we went on were very rocky and bumpy...eeek. But baby was on my mind the whole time and I did all i could for a smooth time.  On top of it, our friends dont know Im pregnant yet so keeping it hush hush was hard.  Esp. when the champagne came out.  I did the whole "thankyou" and snuck it to Andrew, my husband to swig when noone could see.  Hopefully!

PERSONAL UPDATE
Apart from that I feel ok.  Still SOOOOO tired! I didnt sleep so well while away but I also think the baby hormones arent helping.  Sickness hasnt realy kicked in as yet.  I felt a little queesy on Friday morning but nothing major.  Headaches again today.  I have been very light-headed and veige.
Still dont look pregnant, but feeling bloated.
It also got a big fat 'pregnancy pimple' on my face as I have with all my pregnancies so far, LOL.
I saw my g.p last wednesday and got 2 blood test.  This is to check my hormone levels are rising as fast as they should and are going up as they should.  I recieved the results today and all is well.  Even though I knew I was pregnant {as 150 thousand Home pregnancy test had shown, LOL} but it kinda feels even more real now that a blood test has confirmed.
Im also due to get a scan to see baby's heart beat.  As Ive had a miscarraige I like to do this as I freak a tad.  So this week, I'll be getting a 6-week scan.  I guess too, we'll be seeing if there are two in there as well, hehe...eeeek! {I love my kids but, twins......eeeek!!!}





BABY UPDATE
Its a very exciting week as bubbas heart begings beating and pumping. YAY!

The embryo's spinal cord is clearly curved as it begins to develop. The pale-yellow ridgelike structures along the back are somites-baby's developing muscular system.

  • The embryo has reached a size of about 8 mm (1/4 inch) in length.
  • The spinal cord, which until now has been open, is beginning to close.
  • The first blood cells and blood vessels are developing.
  • Blood moves through these primitive vessels connected to the yolk sac.
  • A pipe-shaped heart is formed and begins to beat.
  • The brain begins to divide into 5 parts.
  • Optic pits form the start of the developing eye.
  • The cells destined to be the arms and legs are in place.

  • At this time the embryo is still smaller than the size of a raisin.



     Low on the sides of the head are two folds of tissue that will become the ears. Although not completely developed, all the major body organs and systems are formed. The heart also forms, and it begins to beat on the 25th day after conception (about 6 weeks after the last menstrual period), and a heart beat can already be detected.

    The neural tube enlarges into three parts, that will soon to develop to become a very complex brain. Also the placenta begins functioning, known as the chorionic villi and the umbilical cord, through which the baby will receive nourishment and oxygen. The spine and spinal cord grows faster than the rest of the body at this stage and will give the appearance of a tail. This will disappear as the baby continues to grow.





    Awww..its a baby (kind of, hehe)

    Anyway...Im off to bed.  I can barely keep my eyes open.  I will update in the next few days with the start of my pregnancy photos.

    ♥ sweet dreams ♥

    No comments:

    Post a Comment